Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

{River @ the Japanese Friendship Garden}

This was a really fun day for me... primarily because I felt comfortable with my subjects. I had the opportunity to shoot candidly, which is my favorite way to shoot. Posing always feels so unnatural to me.

This was my first time visiting the Japanese Friendship Garden, and it's Gorgeous! This is the type of place I would go on a lazy day, to have a picnic & read a book. It's incredibly peaceful! AND -- it's super close to our house, which is an added bonus. It's unusual to find such a Zen-like place in such an Urban part of town!

River's mommy Becca is an old friend of mine. We used to work at an Irish Pub together "back in the day"... when life was more free... and a tad bit more "fun." I'm not saying I wish to be back there again... but, I can definitely say we had some real fun times! Sometimes... I do miss being "young." I know we're still technically "young"... but we're reaching that borderline where these strange things called "responsibilities" sort of interfere with our used-to-be lifestyle...

For as long as I've known Becca, she's always been a fun, loving, free-spirit... and I love that her personality reflects through her beautiful daughter! River is such a pleasure to be around! (Just like her Mommy!)

Thank you to Becca, Wes & River for sharing your time and gorgeous faces with me! I really appreciate all the practice I can get... Plus, the added bonus of getting to spend some time with you!

All My Love!

Here's a few handfuls of my favs:















1 comment: